Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TV TV is offline

Default Sending a PPT file to Microsoft Word is huge file, wasn't before

For 7 years I have been creating Powerpoint presentations then going to
File/Send To/Microsoft Word and using the Notes with blank lines options. If
the ppt is 605 KB the Word document ends up pretty small. But for some
reason today - it is making my 605 KB file turn into a 8,200 KB Word
document. It is massive and slow. My big problem is I take the Word file
and merge with others to make a manual. I spoke to my Service Desk at the
office and they can't help me, and it is urgent...I am so hoping someone out
there knows a quick fix. The Service Desk tried to do the Detect and Repair
but it didn't matter. I will take any suggestions

--
TV

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

TV wrote:
For 7 years I have been creating Powerpoint presentations then going
to File/Send To/Microsoft Word and using the Notes with blank lines
options. If the ppt is 605 KB the Word document ends up pretty
small. But for some reason today - it is making my 605 KB file turn
into a 8,200 KB Word document. It is massive and slow. My big
problem is I take the Word file and merge with others to make a
manual. I spoke to my Service Desk at the office and they can't help
me, and it is urgent...I am so hoping someone out there knows a quick
fix. The Service Desk tried to do the Detect and Repair but it
didn't matter. I will take any suggestions

Detect and Repair is for damage the program. To try to repair damage to the
document, go to the File Open dialog, single-click on the huge document,
click the down arrow next to the Open button, and choose Open and Repair.

If that doesn't help, more suggestions are at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman