darlenetatter

Default extra line spacing at top of page

I cannot seem to get rid of the extra line spacing at the top of pages when I
am typing or revising a long document with a number of headings. I have
tried using all of the options under "Tools," "Options," "Compatibility" that
would seem to address this issue, all to no avail. Can someone help?

Thanks.

Richard Neville

This may happen because of stray paragraph marks. Turn on Show Paragraphs,
and look for a paragraph symbol in the extra line; delete it if you can.

If you cannot delete it, select it and change the font to 1 (one) point,
which will make in invisible to the eye.