Justin Cascio

Default Formatting merge fields: inserting a paragraph mark before a field

How do I set up the switch in a merge field so that if the field contains
anything, the contents are inserted with a paragraph mark before them? I'm
trying to set up a merge with an address block that may include the company
name, but if there is no company name, I don't want there to be a blank line.
This seems to work automatically with other fields but for this one it's
giving me trouble. There are a couple of IF statements in this field. Is that
what's messing me up?