Longhorn

Default how to use USB flash drive

I have a USB 2.0 Flash Drive with no instructions. How do I transferfiles
from Word to my laptop using Flash Drive?
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Did you look on the website for your flash drive's manufacturer?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Longhorn" wrote in message
news
I have a USB 2.0 Flash Drive with no instructions. How do I transferfiles
from Word to my laptop using Flash Drive?

Daiya Mitchell

In Word, just save the files to your hard drive. Then use Windows Explorer
to copy the files from the hard drive to the flash drive.

The flash drive, when plugged into the computer, should come up as a some
letter drive (e.g., G drive, similar to the way a floppy disk would show).
If it doesn't come up as an available drive, then you need to check with the
manufacturer's website.

PS. In Word, never open and edit a file stored on removable media. Always
copy to hard drive, use the file, then copy the new file back.

On 9/25/05 12:21 PM, "Longhorn" wrote:

I have a USB 2.0 Flash Drive with no instructions. How do I transferfiles
from Word to my laptop using Flash Drive?

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ruty Ruty is offline

I am able to copy documents from my flash drive to hard drive, but I cannot
copy music from the flash drive to save on the hard drive in the media
player. Do you know how to do that? Please help.

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

In Word, just save the files to your hard drive. Then use Windows Explorer
to copy the files from the hard drive to the flash drive.

The flash drive, when plugged into the computer, should come up as a some
letter drive (e.g., G drive, similar to the way a floppy disk would show).
If it doesn't come up as an available drive, then you need to check with the
manufacturer's website.

PS. In Word, never open and edit a file stored on removable media. Always
copy to hard drive, use the file, then copy the new file back.

On 9/25/05 12:21 PM, "Longhorn" wrote:

I have a USB 2.0 Flash Drive with no instructions. How do I transferfiles
from Word to my laptop using Flash Drive?

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Willett[_2_] Tom Willett[_2_] is offline

That isn't a Microsoft Word issue.

"Ruty" wrote in message
:I am able to copy documents from my flash drive to hard drive, but I cannot
: copy music from the flash drive to save on the hard drive in the media
: player. Do you know how to do that? Please help.
:
: "Daiya Mitchell" wrote:
:
[...]
: --
: Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
: Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/
: MacWord Tips: http://www.word.mvps.org/MacWordNew/
: What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ:
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
:
: