Sara

Default Cell character limit?

Is there a limit to the number of characters in a cell? If so, what is it?
I have an attorney who's trying to paste 23 paragraphs into a cell, so of
course it is not all showing up, and I'm not sure what a good solution would
be. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Tony Jollans

I don't think there's a limit but, if there is, it's way above 23
paragraphs.

Have you got some constraints applied to the cell size (like row height set
to *exactly* something)?

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Sara" wrote in message
Is there a limit to the number of characters in a cell? If so, what is

it?
I have an attorney who's trying to paste 23 paragraphs into a cell, so of
course it is not all showing up, and I'm not sure what a good solution

would
be. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Dawn Crosier

Select the row and from the table Properties confirm that the Row
does not have a pre-determined height. IF not, then please
select the contents of the cell. And please provide a character
count as well as a word count so I can attempt to re-produce the
behavior. (Tools, WordCount) Also, please provide the dimensions
of the table and the cell widths. As far as I have been able to
test, there does not seem to be a limit to the number of
characters. I have a single cell which contains 100 paragraphs
and spans 255 pages.

Thanks.
--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message is posted to a newsgroup. Please post replies and
questions to the newsgroup so that others can learn as well.