Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Andibevan

Default Problem Inserting Headers and Footers

Hi All,

I have a problem with a large word doc in Word 2003. There are no section
breaks in the document as I have deleted them all. The document has a title
page, contents page and then the actual document.

When I select View Header and Footer - nothing happens - it is as though
the headers and footers have somehow been deleted from my document (or
something).

A couple of revisions earlier I had them - I can't find any reason why or
where they have gone.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Andibevan,

If you had section breaks, the document structure could be damaged. Try
copying everything EXCEPT the last paragraph mark into a new document and see
if that helps.

I have a problem with a large word doc in Word 2003. There are no section
breaks in the document as I have deleted them all. The document has a title
page, contents page and then the actual document.

When I select View Header and Footer - nothing happens - it is as though
the headers and footers have somehow been deleted from my document (or
something).

A couple of revisions earlier I had them - I can't find any reason why or
where they have gone.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom

Did you enable "Different first page" and/or "Different odd and even"
on the Layout tab of FilePage Setup? If so, you have more headers and
footers (up to three headers and three footers), which could explain
why some seem to have disappeared. For more, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm.

If headers and footers are actually gone (you can't see the
header/footer area, not even if you choose ViewHeaders and Footers),
I suspect that the document is corrupt. Try to recreate it using the
procedures at http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Andibevan" wrote in message
Hi All,

I have a problem with a large word doc in Word 2003. There are no

section
breaks in the document as I have deleted them all. The document has

a title
page, contents page and then the actual document.

When I select View Header and Footer - nothing happens - it is as

though
the headers and footers have somehow been deleted from my document

(or
something).

A couple of revisions earlier I had them - I can't find any reason

why or
where they have gone.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Andibevan

Thanks both - It did appear that the document was corrupted. The large
amount of track changes probably didn't help the situation.