Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Citywoman

Default personalized email to multiple addrs thru email merge?

Is there a way to send a personalized email to more than one recipient,
where the email is generated through a mail merge? In other words, have more
than one email adress in the "To" field for each personalized email?

I have more than one email address for some people. I want to use email
merge to generate personalized emails from one outlook entry (exported to
one row in an Excel sheet) that will go to each of their email addresses.

I tried using a field I created in Excel that had each of their email
addresses, separated by semicolons, in one cell. I tried using that cell as
the addressing field, but Outlook didn't like it. I tried using commas as
separators also, but Outlook didn't like that either! The email ends up in
the Draft folder, with no email address in it at all!

I don't want to create a separate row, for each person that has more than
one - that's too much work cause I have to do about 300 personalized emails!

Please help....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Using mailmerge, it is only possible to send to one address per record.

Using VBA and the Outlook Object model amongst other things, you could send
it to more than one address, but for a once off situation, unless you are
really into Visual Basic, creating multiple records for each email address
is going to be the easiest way.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.