Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BCK_57

Default Show hidden text in Word 97 Viewer

We use Word 97 Viewer to integrate with another program. The hidden text box
is not automatically checked and is causing problems.

Does anyone know how we can set the default as hidden text 'on' for each
user automatically? Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Bck_57,

The Word 97 viewer is susceptible to some security issues.
The settings from its View=Options dialog is are stored in a binary key
in the registry

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\8.0\Wo rd\Data\Viewer Settings

You may be able to import that registry key into the user's registry, but also be aware that the viewer may act differently where it
is installed alone vs. when it's installed with MS Word.

=======

--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

For Everyday MS Office tips to "use right away" -
http://microsoft.com/events/series/a...andtricks.mspx