Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KP

Default Mail Merge fields merge with different formatting

I'm using Word and Excel 2002. I have used the mail merge feature many times
but this is the first time I've run into this problem.

I create the merge document, choose the recipients and then when I preview
the letter the merged information is in a different, larger font and bold.
I've tried highlighting the text, highlighting the merge field, etc., to show
the same font, size, etc. Nothing is working.

My database in Excel is set up in the exact same font and size, although I
realize the formatting doesn't carry over in the merge.

Anyone know what the problem is?
--
KP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Toggle the display (ALT+F9) . Remove the \*Mergeformat switch if present and
replace it with a \*Charformat switch. The data will be merged with the
format of the (first character) of the field.