Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Umbatu

Default save and button grayed out!

Help!

I really cannot figure this out... the save and options are grayed out
(therefore unavailable). The only way I am able to save is to close the
file, and word asks if i would like to save the document.

I also noticed that the tools-options is also grayed out.

So I used the run command and tried winword /a (safe mode)... the save and
options were available.

I logged off and logged on as another user... and the save and options were
available.

It only doesn't work for my login... I've tried everything... researched
everything... and cannot figure it out.

Please help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErr...ngMenusEtc.htm
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Umbatu" wrote:

Help!

I really cannot figure this out... the save and options are grayed out
(therefore unavailable). The only way I am able to save is to close the
file, and word asks if i would like to save the document.

I also noticed that the tools-options is also grayed out.

So I used the run command and tried winword /a (safe mode)... the save and
options were available.

I logged off and logged on as another user... and the save and options were
available.

It only doesn't work for my login... I've tried everything... researched
everything... and cannot figure it out.

Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Umbatu

Carol... thank you so much for replying... I read the whole document...
deleted the data entry in the registry... opened word back up... and those
options are still grayed out. I mean it's: save, save as, options, macros...
anything where i can try to troubleshoot within word is disabled...

but like i said, if i use /a, or log in as someone else... it works just fine.

Please help!!

"Umbatu" wrote:

Help!

I really cannot figure this out... the save and options are grayed out
(therefore unavailable). The only way I am able to save is to close the
file, and word asks if i would like to save the document.

I also noticed that the tools-options is also grayed out.

So I used the run command and tried winword /a (safe mode)... the save and
options were available.

I logged off and logged on as another user... and the save and options were
available.

It only doesn't work for my login... I've tried everything... researched
everything... and cannot figure it out.

Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Umbatu

OK...

Just to let everyone know... this is how I fixed it... man... wierdest
thing...

I was able to right-click on the toolbar and hit customize. From there, I
removed all instances of save, options, macros, customize, etc... then I
re-added them in.

After doing that... they were no longer gray.. and functioning perfectly. I
guess something got corrupted on the initial choices... i guess.. beats me...
as long as it works... I honestly don't care.

This is just FYI... maybe the MVP staff will put this on their site and give
me some credit.

Take care everyone!!!