Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kat

Default Sending Mail w/Word: Contact List from Outlook

I have a question w/regards to sending e-mail through Word. I send out a
newsletter through Word, and I use my Outlook Contacts to do so. However, I
have noticed that people I have deleted from my Contacts in Outlook are still
appearing in my list when I go to send a new file through Word. Is there some
correlation there? Is there something I need to do to ensure that my
Contacts in Word match my Contacts in Outlook? Without manually deleting
from both?

Thanks!!!

--
Kat Q.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

The Outlook address book and the Outlook contacts list are dynamically
linked and a change in Outlook should be reflected in the address book, so
where are you seeing this problem?

http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm may help.

Kat wrote:
I have a question w/regards to sending e-mail through Word. I send
out a newsletter through Word, and I use my Outlook Contacts to do
so. However, I have noticed that people I have deleted from my
Contacts in Outlook are still appearing in my list when I go to send
a new file through Word. Is there some correlation there? Is there
something I need to do to ensure that my Contacts in Word match my
Contacts in Outlook? Without manually deleting from both?

Thanks!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kat

Thanks for your response. Here's what's happening:

I send out a newsletter each month, using the Outlook Contacts. So I'll open
the Word document, go to Send to Mail Recipient, and then click "To" to
select the people I want to send the newsletter to.

Generally I send it in groups of 20-30. I'll select the first set of names
in the list and set them as the BCC. Usually after sending out the whole
group, I'll get my kickbacks, which is to be expected when sending out over
2,700+ e-mails. Well, I go through them each time, and anyone who's e-mail
address is definitely not working (user unknown, for example), I'll delete
from my Outlook Contacts.

So this month, I go to send out the March newsletter, and send the same way.
Well, I got kickbacks for e-mail addresses I've previously deleted. That's
what makes me think that they're still being listed in Word, but not Outlook.

Granted, it can be difficult to actually locate them again in Word, as they
don't all have Name's associated, and they aren't all in alpha order, but I
don't think I'd get a kickback if it didn't try to send to this person again.

Sorry for the lengthy explanation, I just wanted to give you a clear picture
of what I'm experiencing.

Again, thanks so much for your assistance.
--
Kat Q.

Kat wrote:
I have a question w/regards to sending e-mail through Word. I send
out a newsletter through Word, and I use my Outlook Contacts to do
so. However, I have noticed that people I have deleted from my
Contacts in Outlook are still appearing in my list when I go to send
a new file through Word. Is there some correlation there? Is there
something I need to do to ensure that my Contacts in Word match my
Contacts in Outlook? Without manually deleting from both?

Thanks!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Addresses that appear in the addressee box dropdowns in the e-mail editor
are stored in the Windows registry and are independent of the contacts list
and address book.

Incidentally if you send out 2700 e-mails it is not surprising that some
will be using anti-spam software that will bounce mail even when posted to a
legitimate address.

Kat wrote:
I have a question w/regards to sending e-mail through Word. I send
out a newsletter through Word, and I use my Outlook Contacts to do
so. However, I have noticed that people I have deleted from my
Contacts in Outlook are still appearing in my list when I go to send
a new file through Word. Is there some correlation there? Is there
something I need to do to ensure that my Contacts in Word match my
Contacts in Outlook? Without manually deleting from both?

Thanks!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kat

Alright... Thank you so very much for your assistance in this matter... I
greatly appreciate it.

--
Kat Q.