Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jake

Default Cannot open more than 3 documents

When using word, I can open any three documents at the same time. If I try
to have open a fourth, Word crashes. I am using Word 2003, I have
reinstalled, and I have all the latest updates. I cannot figure out what to
do.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]

Hi Jake:

I would say you're out of space in your Windows Temp folder. Word has
nowhere it write its working files. See
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211632/en-us

It may also be that you don't have enough memory in the machine (but I doubt
it: generally that will give you an error, not a crash).

Hope this helps

On 9/3/06 5:03 AM, in article
, "Jake"
wrote:

When using word, I can open any three documents at the same time. If I try
to have open a fourth, Word crashes. I am using Word 2003, I have
reinstalled, and I have all the latest updates. I cannot figure out what to
do.

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410