Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Teri813

Default can't highlight or delete text in a template

I downloaded a Word template from the Office Online website, and there's some
text on page two that I can't highlight to delete. The text says "TYPE TITLE
HERE" and is in blue. The text doesn't seem to be in a frame or text box,
it's just there. Help!
--
Teri813
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Unless you tell us which one it is, it's a bit difficult to help you.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Teri813" wrote in message
I downloaded a Word template from the Office Online website, and there's
some
text on page two that I can't highlight to delete. The text says "TYPE
TITLE
HERE" and is in blue. The text doesn't seem to be in a frame or text box,
it's just there. Help!
--
Teri813

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Turn on your Headers and Footers, you can change that title then.

(If you have Publisher, you may find it a better program to use for
newsletters but I am biased.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Teri813" wrote in message
I downloaded a Word template from the Office Online website, and there's
some
text on page two that I can't highlight to delete. The text says "TYPE
TITLE
HERE" and is in blue. The text doesn't seem to be in a frame or text
box,
it's just there. Help!
--
Teri813

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Teri813

Unfortunately, it's not in a header (or footer), I'd already tried that.
It's as though the text is set by itself, imbedded in the document, and
nothing can make it go away! It doesn't seem to be a frame, text box or
header/footer. It just exists. Any other ideas? It's important because
I've already written most of the newsletter, I just need to make these three
words go away!
--
Teri813

"Teri813" wrote in message
I downloaded a Word template from the Office Online website, and there's
some
text on page two that I can't highlight to delete. The text says "TYPE
TITLE
HERE" and is in blue. The text doesn't seem to be in a frame or text
box,
it's just there. Help!
--
Teri813

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

It did it for me. When I clicked the headers on, I was able to edit the
text.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Teri813" wrote in message
I downloaded a Word template from the Office Online website, and
there's
some
text on page two that I can't highlight to delete. The text says
"TYPE
TITLE
HERE" and is in blue. The text doesn't seem to be in a frame or
text
box,
it's just there. Help!
--
Teri813

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Text in a text box or frame anchored to the header paragraph can appear
anywhere on the page, not just in the header area. View | Header and Footer
and then edit the text.

"Teri813" wrote in message
I downloaded a Word template from the Office Online website, and

there's
some
text on page two that I can't highlight to delete. The text says

"TYPE
TITLE
HERE" and is in blue. The text doesn't seem to be in a frame or

text
box,
it's just there. Help!
--
Teri813

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Teri813

THANK YOU!! I didn't know that headers and footers worked that way - I got
rid of those 3 words. What a relief!

--
Teri813