Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Simon Minder

Default Headings and next page

Hi all,

I have a document in Word 2003 SP2, which has headings and next page (breaks
- Ctrl and enter).

For the headings I have chosen a background color (Format - Styles and
Formatting... - Heading 1 - Modify - Format - Border... - Shading tab -
"Fill: gray").

If I write some text and hit Ctrl and enter and add a Heding I on the next
page the "next page" line has also the same background color as the Heding I.

Is there a way to have a background color for the Heding I and do not get a
background color for the standard page break (Ctrl and enter)?

Kind regards,

Simon Minder
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cooz

Hi Simon,

If all your instances of Heading 1 start on a new page, you should define
this in the style (... Format | Paragraph... | tab Line and Page Breaks |
check Page break before). This way the problem will be solved as well.

Good luck,
Cooz
--
PS: If this is a satisfying answer to your question and you're logged in via
the Microsoft site, please click Yes to "Did this post answer the question?".