Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cocopli

Default How do I 'turn-off' the template format on a document I received

I received a Word document (template generated) from another user. When I
opened the document it briefly shows the document as edited by the user and
then changes to what looks like a history of template edits; ie. there are
formatting comments on the right side of the document in color leading to a
point or field in the document to the left. When you put the cursor over the
comment it says who changed that field last. The document contains the
changed text.

How do I 'turn-off' the format editing and show the document?
On the top bar of the program is states "Meeting Minutes Template 372006 -
Microsoft Word (Safe Mode). Using Office 2003
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Display the Reviewing toolbar and select 'Final' from the dropdown. Read
Help on Track Changes to understand what's going on.

FYI: *all* Word documents are "template-generated". That has nothing to do
with whether changes are tracked and/or displayed. You are seeing the
changes because at some point in the document's past the user chose to
switch on change tracking.

How Come? Michael Koerner Mailmerge 9 February 10th 06 11:29 PM
Global/Master Template [email protected] New Users 1 October 27th 05 03:34 PM
How do I format a document with pre-attached unfamiliar template? Zanthina Page Layout 0 September 21st 05 10:07 PM
How do I turn a template off on the second page of a document? Mike JHB SA Microsoft Word Help 3 August 23rd 05 11:00 PM
SQL Prompt When opening merged documents Jeni Q Mailmerge 14 August 11th 05 09:10 PM