Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ian

Default i deleted word & excel 2000 how do i get it back...

I accidentally deleted WOrd and excel off of ym heardrive.HOw do i get them
back?
I operate on Professional 2000!
HELP! SOON!

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

It's very difficult to delete Office "accidentally". Why do you think you've
deleted these programs?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"ian" wrote in message
I accidentally deleted WOrd and excel off of ym heardrive.HOw do i get them
back?
I operate on Professional 2000!
HELP! SOON!

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chuck Davis

Retrieve your installation CDs from your file cabinet or desk drawer. Insert
in the CD reader and install the products. Can't find them? Trundle down to
the local retail store that sell software and buy new!

Cheap alternative? Visit http://www.openoffice.org and download their
program. It will work in a like manner.

"...accidentally deleted...????
"ian" wrote in message
I accidentally deleted WOrd and excel off of ym heardrive.HOw do i get them
back?
I operate on Professional 2000!
HELP! SOON!

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ian

You're very UNhelpful mr. microsoft.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

1. My name is not Mr Microsoft, it's Mrs Paules.

2. All I did was say it's very difficult to do what you think you did and
ask you what symptoms you are having that make you believe you deleted the
programs.

3. Perhaps you need to learn how to ask a question properly?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"ian" wrote in message

You're very UNhelpful mr. microsoft.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What JoAnn is saying is that it's much more likely you just deleted the
shortcuts to these programs rather than the programs themselves. If so, it
is easy to restore them. If you use Windows Search to search your HD for
winword.exe (making sure that you click Advanced and tell Windows to include
hidden and system files in the search) and don't find it, then Word is
really gone. If you find it, you can easily create a new shortcut.

"ian" wrote in message

You're very UNhelpful mr. microsoft.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Click Start Run

Type: Command

This will display a black window. In that window --

Type: CD C:\Windows
Type: Del *.*

"ian" wrote in message

You're very UNhelpful mr. microsoft.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Thank you, Suzanne.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
What JoAnn is saying is that it's much more likely you just deleted the
shortcuts to these programs rather than the programs themselves. If so, it
is easy to restore them. If you use Windows Search to search your HD for
winword.exe (making sure that you click Advanced and tell Windows to
include
hidden and system files in the search) and don't find it, then Word is
really gone. If you find it, you can easily create a new shortcut.

so
all may benefit.

"ian" wrote in message

You're very UNhelpful mr. microsoft.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Well, that *would* take care of a lot of computer problems. It would also
get you another paperweight for your desk.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"ian" wrote in message

You're very UNhelpful mr. microsoft.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
reneleo reneleo is offline

okay, I was trying to clean-up my computer and I resored to factoctory
settings! Help!! I PURCHASED and installed microsoft office 2003 a couple
years ago.
However, we had a fire and I don't have the cd or product key that went
with installation. Can I get that back or contact microsoft and get MY
product key I am registered under?
--
Rene

"ian" wrote in message
I accidentally deleted WOrd and excel off of ym heardrive.HOw do i get them
back?
I operate on Professional 2000!
HELP! SOON!

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Unfortunately you are up a very famous creek. My suggestion would have been
to contact your insurance company for the value of your software but I'm
assuming the fire isn't something that was recent and everything's been
settled.

You need *something* to prove you owned it. Even a receipt is better than
nothing.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]