Gov_ner

Default Number fields not merging correctly

The number field when merged added a bunch on zeroes onto the end of the
number, tried to change the format of the field and it didn't matter. This
is in Office XP, if I got back to Office 2000 I don't have this issue. Is
there an update are something that I need to run. It already has service
pack 1 installed for Office XP and it has SP3 for Windows 2000.
Peter Jamieson

Did you try using a format switch in the field, e.g. instead of

{ MERGEFIELD mynumber }

try

{ MERGEFIELD mynumber \#0.00 }

or some such (it depends on exactly what you need).

Alternatively switch back to the connection method used by default in Word
2000, i.e. check Tools|Options|General|Confirm conversions at open, then go
through the connection process again and choose DDE when offered.

Peter Jamieson