Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hugh Barker

Default Convert embedded images in bulk

Hi all,
Someone where I work has been copying and pasting images into Word instead
of insert-picture, resulting in huge filesizes for simple files - it's only
come to my attention now I have to back it all up over a network link.
Is there any way to run a batch operation on the files to fix this so the
file sizes are manageable? (They're ~7mb at the moment, I manually fixed one
and it went to ~70k)
Cheers,
Hugh.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod

Hi Hugh,

If you've simply copied an image and pasted into Word, there's no way Word
can track its origins to replace the image with a link.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]