Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
mgram mgram is offline

Default without Worldox, how can I see what work I performed on a date

When using Worldox document management system I can enter my user name and
see all the work I have done on a particular day in WORD. How can I
accomplish that in Office/Word without have the benefit of Worldox?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ChrisM ChrisM is offline

Can't give you the details, but Word/Office has(/used to have) somthing
called the 'Journal' or somthing like that, which let you track everything
you did by date...

Sorry, that's all I can remember, maybe this will help trigger a more
helpful response from someone else(?)

Chris.

"mgram" wrote in message
When using Worldox document management system I can enter my user name and
see all the work I have done on a particular day in WORD. How can I
accomplish that in Office/Word without have the benefit of Worldox?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The journalling you refer to is part of Outlook, but it slows the system to
a crawl and bloats Outlook's data file. Windows Explorer will allow you to
search for file types created on a certain day.

"mgram" wrote in message
When using Worldox document management system I can enter my user
name and see all the work I have done on a particular day in WORD. How
can I accomplish that in Office/Word without have the benefit of
Worldox?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ChrisM ChrisM is offline

Yea, that was probably what I meant. Never used it, but came across it one
day, and thought I'd mention it as it seemed vaguely what the OP was looking
for, but sounds like it's not really a good idea... though searching for
files created/modified on a particular day could be a little fiddly.
I guess the bottom line is there is no good alternative to the 'Worldox'
application that he refers to. Though I'd imagine there are is other 3rd
party stuff around that will do the same job...

:-)

"mgram" wrote in message
When using Worldox document management system I can enter my user
name and see all the work I have done on a particular day in WORD. How
can I accomplish that in Office/Word without have the benefit of
Worldox?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
mgram mgram is offline

How do I access it. Can I put in a certain date only and have it list all
the files I worked on that day?

"mgram" wrote in message
When using Worldox document management system I can enter my user
name and see all the work I have done on a particular day in WORD. How
can I accomplish that in Office/Word without have the benefit of
Worldox?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Outlook's journal will only work from the day you start it.
Windows Explorer - click the search button!

"mgram" wrote in message
When using Worldox document management system I can enter my user
name and see all the work I have done on a particular day in WORD.
How can I accomplish that in Office/Word without have the benefit
of Worldox?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Yes. On the Start menu, choose Search | For Files and Folders. In the Search
dialog, select the desired driver or folder (subfolders will be included).
In the Search Options, check the box for Date. You'll then be able to select
a date range.

If you're dealing with a single folder, you may find it easier just to sort
the files by date (by clicking on the Modified header) and then look at the
ones in the appropriate range.