Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Victor Victor is offline

Default Save As HTML and Windows Explorer?

With Word XP on Windows 2000, when I do a Save As "Web Page, filtered", I get my HTM
file and a directory that contains the images.

The two seem to be linked. Even if I edit the HTM file with a text editor and delete
this line,
meta name=Generator content="Microsoft Word 10 (filtered)"

if I delete the HTM file, the directory and contents are automatically deleted. And if I
delete the directory, same thing, the HTM file is automatically deleted.

What, exactly, is the mechanism here? And how do I "unlink" the file from the directory?

Thanks,

Vic

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Hi Victor,

If you're deleting the file from inside of Word then that would be normal behavior.

If you're deleting it from Windows Explorer without Word running then the Windows Explorer setting

Tools=Folder Options=View="Managing pairs of web pages and folders"

may be in play.

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP