Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Proposal Writer 2 Proposal Writer 2 is offline

Default Tables, Styles, and Template Hell

Hi,
I'm trying to create a default style for tables to be used by my department.
According to my company's new guidelines, the header row of the table must
be blue, the second row must be green, and the even rows must be gray. I've
had no problems with setting the colors of the first row, or the even rows.
However, Word 2003 doesn't give me the option of formatting the second row
when I try to make a style. I have tried every work-around I know, but I'm
about to go bald from pulling out my hair. I'll take any suggestions anybody
has. Thanks millions,
Lisa
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

As you've seen, table styles really don't work very well. You might have
better luck creating a sample table and saving it as an AutoText entry.

"Proposal Writer 2" Proposal Writer wrote in
message ...
Hi,
I'm trying to create a default style for tables to be used by my

department.
According to my company's new guidelines, the header row of the table

must
be blue, the second row must be green, and the even rows must be gray.

I've
had no problems with setting the colors of the first row, or the even

rows.
However, Word 2003 doesn't give me the option of formatting the second row
when I try to make a style. I have tried every work-around I know, but

I'm
about to go bald from pulling out my hair. I'll take any suggestions

anybody
has. Thanks millions,
Lisa

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Proposal Writer 2 Proposal Writer 2 is offline

Suzanne--you're a life saver!