Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mr. Smith Mr. Smith is offline

Default Indents are different in 97 vs 2003

Hi All,

I have some documents that have been used for some time with Word 97, When
they are opened in 2003, the indents in the header and table cells are
different to what they are in 97.

I have confirmed this in a test environment with both PCs connected to the
same printer (drivers will probably be different though as the 97 PC is NT4
and the 2003 PC is XP)

For example, the indent in the Header when shown in 97 is 0cm (Margin is 2cm
and this is where the indent marker sits) but when I open the exact same file
at the exact same time (i.e. in read only mode) in 2003, the exact same
indent is at 2cm (Margin is 2cm plus indent is 2cm so the indent is 4cm from
the left edge of the page)

Surely this must be a known bug but I certainly couldn't find a reference to
it on the KB. I have also confirmed that it happens no matter which PCs I
open it on. i.e test/production/whatever.

Can anyone help me?

Cheers
Mr, Smith.