Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tarallen Tarallen is offline

Default Limiting styles in a template

Hello,

I have created a template with custom styles and set the Protect Document
settings to limit the styles that the users can see. However, they are still
seeing all the old styles too. What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks,
Tara
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Tarallen

Tarallen wrote:
I have created a template with custom styles and set the Protect Document
settings to limit the styles that the users can see. However, they are still
seeing all the old styles too. What am I doing wrong here?

Hmm, probably nothing.

What the user sees and what he's allowed to apply is different.

You are using Word 2003, correct? You can delete unwanted styles through
the Organizer, for instance (at least styles which are not factory
defaults in Word). For all other styles, you can define in the styles
and formatting TaskPane what is shown (All Styles, ... in use, etc.) and
even define which styles are included in each view.

I've no first-hand experience what happens to the list when the document
is actually in use (but, if the user is only allowed to a predefined set
of styles, he should not be able to overly clutter the list :-)).

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS