mmakis

Default left margin numbers (for a contract)

I need to add a number (1-999) for every line of text in the left margin
area. Thus displaying if a line has been deleted from a future copy or
edited version. It also will allow me to make every line easily referencable.

Any advice???

Word can add line numbers automatically, but they are dynamic. I don't know
of any way to add line numbers the way you describe except to type each line
as a separate paragraph beginning with a manually typed number (or, at the
least, each line would have to end in a line break).

news