Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
[email protected] mortmid@bellsouth.net is offline

Default Expanding Headers

I have an MS Word (2002) report document with a header line which I
now need to extend. I can't find anything in Help and Support which
describes this procedure. I have tried to drag the right-hand dotted
line border to make room for the needed addition but that doesn't
work. Will some kind soul enlighten me? Please post replies on this
forum as the e-mail address I use here is fake. Thanks.

Mort
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Luc Luc is offline

Mort,
If you have used the tab stops that go with the header, maybe it is just a
matter of dragging the tab stop into the grey area.
Or if you have not used the standard tab stops, you can use the right indent
marker in the ruler and drag that to the right to make more room.

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)
I have an MS Word (2002) report document with a header line which I
now need to extend. I can't find anything in Help and Support which
describes this procedure. I have tried to drag the right-hand dotted
line border to make room for the needed addition but that doesn't
work. Will some kind soul enlighten me? Please post replies on this
forum as the e-mail address I use here is fake. Thanks.

Mort

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
[email protected] mortmid@bellsouth.net is offline

On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 15:03:30 GMT, "Luc"
wrote:

Mort,
If you have used the tab stops that go with the header, maybe it is just a
matter of dragging the tab stop into the grey area.
Or if you have not used the standard tab stops, you can use the right indent
marker in the ruler and drag that to the right to make more room.

Thanks Luc. I'm not sure which of your suggestions I used, but
whatever it was, it worked fine. Thanks again.

Mort