Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Helder Costa Helder Costa is offline

Default Mailmerge: writing a final line with a TOTAL field

I need to create a table in Word, using MailMerge (List type). The data
source is a Excel spreadsheet.
The only fields are "Name" and "Value" like this:
«Name»
«Value»

No problem until this point
But, after list all the records, I need to write a final line with the TOTAL
of the field "Value".
Total......
TOTAL

Is this possible? How?
Thanks for your help.
Hdacosta.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Easiest to add the row to the Excel Spreadsheet.

In Word, you would have to do it after the merge is complete by adding a row
to the table and then typing in the Total and entering the formula in the
adjacent cell.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Helder Costa" wrote in message
I need to create a table in Word, using MailMerge (List type). The data
source is a Excel spreadsheet.
The only fields are "Name" and "Value" like this:
«Name»
«Value»

No problem until this point
But, after list all the records, I need to write a final line with the
TOTAL of the field "Value".
Total......
TOTAL

Is this possible? How?
Thanks for your help.
Hdacosta.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Helder Costa Helder Costa is offline

Thank you very much for your help.

I thought there was a way to process that completly automatic.

I think that the best way is to migrating da data source to Access and
process all the mail merge in this application.

Thanks any way!

Hdacosta

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" escreveu na mensagem