Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
sidcliffe sidcliffe is offline

Default The margins of section 1 are set ---

Word 2002
A message:-
"The margins of section 1 are set outside the printable area"
appears each time I want to print a document.

How can I reset Word to default page setting.

sidcliffe

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Go to Page Setup and set all the margins to 0". When you click OK, you will
be told that "One or more margins is outside the printable area" and given a
choice of Fix and Ignore. Let Word fix them and note what margins it sets.
These will be the minimum allowable margins. If you want to set the margins
to the out-of-the-box Normal.dot defaults, those are 1" top and bottom and
1.25" left and right, with 0.5" header and footer margins. Once you've
chosen the margins you want, click the Default... button and answer yes to
make these the new defaults.