Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
crazymfr crazymfr is offline

Default Mail Merge with Picture file name included in excel

I want to import graphics from a fixed location into a word document.

I have the file name and path referenced for each record in my data sheet.

I can't seem to get the INCLUDE PICTURE field in Word to work properly, or
at all.

Please help, I don't understand the references I've seen in other posts.

Only the path\file.extension of each picture is listed in my data.

Please help.

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I do not know to what other references you are referring, but
See the "Graphics from data base" item under the "Special merges" section of
fellow MVP Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MergFram.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"crazymfr" wrote in message
I want to import graphics from a fixed location into a word document.

I have the file name and path referenced for each record in my data sheet.

I can't seem to get the INCLUDE PICTURE field in Word to work properly, or
at all.

Please help, I don't understand the references I've seen in other posts.

Only the path\file.extension of each picture is listed in my data.

Please help.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
crazymfr crazymfr is offline

Can't get the INCLUDEPICTURE Field in Word to work.

Tried using this: http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MergFram.htm

I was able to pull the file name and path, but it doesn't seem to work. Any
idea? I have a post into MS now, but they haven't replied yet.

I think my syntax is off. This is what I used:

{ INCLUDEPICTURE "{MERGEFIELD "Logo"}"}

{MERGEFIELD "Logo"} is the field in my spreadsheet where the file name and
path are located which I pulled from a shared drive.

I think it may be that the field won't allow me to reference the whole path
location and name for the INCLUDEPICTURE Field to work. Not sure though.
Most suggestive posts are referencing catalogs or directories. I did try the
double \\ insertion and this does not get it done. Still looking for help.