Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Excel ?? Excel ?? is offline

Default printing first and second page for huge mail merge

Hello everyone,
I've gone crazy deleting second pages from first page mail merge...since
first page has to be printed on letterhead and second page of course on
second page letterhead...HOW DO I PRINT ALL FIRST PAGES FIRST (on company
letterhead) AND THEN ALL THE REST OF THE PAGES after??? i've spent so much
time deleting first pages etc..and copying onto a new word doc...and don't
have the time to separate first letterhead page followed by all second pages
and when i do the printer gets all out of wack and first pages start printing
on second page and vice versa! thank you all this will save me so much
time...

Also what is the field or how do i insert a field into mail merge when a zip
or country is not available onto the address field codes? thanks all...
--
2
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If you execute the mailmerge to a new document, the letter that is created
for each record will be in a separate section. If you just want to print
the first page of each letter, specify p1s1, p1s2, p1s3, etc in the Pages
control of the Page Range section of the FilePrint dialog.

If your printer can automatically get the first page of a document from one
tray and the following pages from another tray, the following macro will
send each letter to the printer as a separate print job so that the above
feature can be used:

Dim i as Long
With ActiveDocument
For i = 1 to .Sections.Count
.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:="s" & i, To:="s" & i
Next i
End With

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Excel ??" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Excel ?? Excel ?? is offline

Hello Doug,
Thank you for your help..I've been so busy I have not tried this as of
yet... I will try this as soon as I can... THank you thank you thank you ;-)
--
2