Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Teego56 Teego56 is offline

Default How do I show the record number in a merge database?

I am using Word 2007 with the 'ribbon' type toolbars. Prior to this, when
you created a database to use with merge documents, each record had a number
so you could choose which records to merge by number. Word 2007 does not
show the record numbers, so you have to also make a manual list to keep
similar records together. Does anyone know how to show the record numbers in
your datatbase? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You can customize the Quick Access Toolbar by adding the original Mail Merge
Helper dialog from pre-Word XP days and/or by adding the individual buttons
required for performing the whole mail merge operation. You will then be
able to get access to the features that you are seeking.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Teego56" wrote in message
I am using Word 2007 with the 'ribbon' type toolbars. Prior to this, when
you created a database to use with merge documents, each record had a
number
so you could choose which records to merge by number. Word 2007 does not
show the record numbers, so you have to also make a manual list to keep
similar records together. Does anyone know how to show the record numbers
in
your datatbase? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! Thank
you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Teego56 Teego56 is offline

Thank you for the assist - all the menus are new and the db does not appear
in the same format as the older program. It's a shame decisions such as what
to keep in a program revision are made so arbitrarily.