eyes0pen

Default How do I get the outline around my labels to show?

Until recently when I created a new document of labels the individual labels
were visible. Now when I want to create a page of labels, I have to guess
where each label starts and finishes as the label outline is no longer
visible. How do I get it back again?

eyes0pen

Thank you. You're a life saver.

"Jezebel" wrote:

Table Show gridlines

"eyes0pen" wrote in message
Until recently when I created a new document of labels the individual
labels
were visible. Now when I want to create a page of labels, I have to guess
where each label starts and finishes as the label outline is no longer
visible. How do I get it back again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LadyH95 LadyH95 is offline

When I did this, it showed gridlines - made it look like graph paper on my
screen.

I had better luck with
"Design" tab
the drop down box next to the "Borders" button
"View Gridlines"

LadyH95

"Jezebel" wrote:

Table Show gridlines

"eyes0pen" wrote in message
Until recently when I created a new document of labels the individual
labels
were visible. Now when I want to create a page of labels, I have to guess
where each label starts and finishes as the label outline is no longer
visible. How do I get it back again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That's because you're using Word 2007. Table | Show Gridlines is the proper
menu item for Word 2003 and earlier.

"LadyH95" wrote in message
When I did this, it showed gridlines - made it look like graph paper on my
screen.

I had better luck with
"Design" tab
the drop down box next to the "Borders" button
"View Gridlines"

LadyH95

"Jezebel" wrote:

Table Show gridlines

"eyes0pen" wrote in message
Until recently when I created a new document of labels the individual
labels
were visible. Now when I want to create a page of labels, I have to
guess
where each label starts and finishes as the label outline is no longer
visible. How do I get it back again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BYBaby BYBaby is offline

I have a user that is having problems with the borders showing when she
creates labels. I can create the same type label from my machine and it works
great but not on hers. She emailed me the document she created and I checked
the properties. The cells and columns were set (by default) to be 8.5". I
changed them to match the settings on my machine but it only creates one
label in the top left hand corner. We went through Mailing, Labels, and then
options to select the type of label we needed. Is there a way to correct the
default setting for these??
--
Yvonne Mays

"LadyH95" wrote in message
When I did this, it showed gridlines - made it look like graph paper on my
screen.

I had better luck with
"Design" tab
the drop down box next to the "Borders" button
"View Gridlines"

LadyH95

"Jezebel" wrote:

Table Show gridlines

"eyes0pen" wrote in message
Until recently when I created a new document of labels the individual
labels
were visible. Now when I want to create a page of labels, I have to
guess
where each label starts and finishes as the label outline is no longer
visible. How do I get it back again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As previously explained, this setting has nothing to do with labels per se.
If she's using Word 2003 or earlier, tell her to turn the display of
gridlines on with Table | Show Gridlines. In Word 2007, the command is Table
Tools | Layout | View Gridlines.

"LadyH95" wrote in message
When I did this, it showed gridlines - made it look like graph paper on
my
screen.

I had better luck with
"Design" tab
the drop down box next to the "Borders" button
"View Gridlines"

LadyH95

"Jezebel" wrote:

Table Show gridlines

"eyes0pen" wrote in message
Until recently when I created a new document of labels the
individual
labels
were visible. Now when I want to create a page of labels, I have to
guess
where each label starts and finishes as the label outline is no
longer
visible. How do I get it back again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BYBaby BYBaby is offline

She is using Word 2007 as well and we did the commands you referred to with
no success. That is why I questioned the default setting of her labels.
--
Yvonne Mays

"LadyH95" wrote in message
When I did this, it showed gridlines - made it look like graph paper on
my
screen.

I had better luck with
"Design" tab
the drop down box next to the "Borders" button
"View Gridlines"

LadyH95

"Jezebel" wrote:

Table Show gridlines

"eyes0pen" wrote in message
Until recently when I created a new document of labels the
individual
labels
were visible. Now when I want to create a page of labels, I have to
guess
where each label starts and finishes as the label outline is no
longer
visible. How do I get it back again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

So your question has nothing to do with the original subject line? What does
"The cells and columns were set (by default) to be 8.5"." mean?

Some of the Microsoft label definitions show only a single label when you
use the New Document feature. I find this confusing.

"LadyH95" wrote in message
When I did this, it showed gridlines - made it look like graph paper
on
my
screen.

I had better luck with
"Design" tab
the drop down box next to the "Borders" button
"View Gridlines"

LadyH95

"Jezebel" wrote:

Table Show gridlines

"eyes0pen" wrote in message
Until recently when I created a new document of labels the
individual
labels
were visible. Now when I want to create a page of labels, I have
guess
where each label starts and finishes as the label outline is no
longer
visible. How do I get it back again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BYBaby BYBaby is offline

The original question was how to get the outline around the labels to show.
However, after following the proper steps to show the gridlines it appeared
that the whole page was one big label. That was when I decided to check the
properties (Table Tools/Layout/Properties) for further settings. That's when
I discovered the row, column and cell settings to be 11" and 8.5". The
properties do not show this when I insert the same labels on a new document
so I'm at a loss of what has happened. I am unable to re-inact this event at
this time as the employee is off work the next 3 days. When she returns, we
will try to resolve it from her end. I will let you know what we discover.

Thanx for your help and advice.
--
Yvonne Mays

"LadyH95" wrote in message
When I did this, it showed gridlines - made it look like graph paper
on
my
screen.

I had better luck with
"Design" tab
the drop down box next to the "Borders" button
"View Gridlines"

LadyH95

"Jezebel" wrote:

Table Show gridlines

"eyes0pen" wrote in message
Until recently when I created a new document of labels the
individual
labels
were visible. Now when I want to create a page of labels, I have
guess
where each label starts and finishes as the label outline is no
longer
visible. How do I get it back again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I agree this sounds very puzzling. Let us know what you find out. Possibly
it was just a fluke that won't be reproducible.

"LadyH95" wrote in message
When I did this, it showed gridlines - made it look like graph
paper
on
my
screen.

I had better luck with
"Design" tab
the drop down box next to the "Borders" button
"View Gridlines"

LadyH95

"Jezebel" wrote:

Table Show gridlines

"eyes0pen" wrote in message
Until recently when I created a new document of labels the
individual
labels
were visible. Now when I want to create a page of labels, I
have
guess
where each label starts and finishes as the label outline is
no
longer
visible. How do I get it back again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Teresa Teresa is offline

I am also looking to have the label outlines show on the screen when I open
my previously saved labels (created before I €śupgraded€ť to Vista and Office
07).

I tried your €śGridlines€ť option listed above, it did nothing to the document
one the screen, but when I opened a new document I had the graph paper like
gridlines on the screen.

I am running Vista with Microsoft Office Word 2007. A co-worker says I will
need to re-create all the label documents I have €“ please say it aint so€¦

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Table | Show Gridlines.

"Tina" wrote in message

"eyes0pen" wrote:

Until recently when I created a new document of labels the individual

labels
were visible. Now when I want to create a page of labels, I have to

guess
where each label starts and finishes as the label outline is no longer
visible. How do I get it back again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Word 2007, it's View Gridlines in the Table group of the Layout tab of
the contextual Table Tools. The Gridlines button in the Show/Hide group on
the View tab displays the drawing grid.

"Teresa" wrote in message
I am also looking to have the label outlines show on the screen when I open
my previously saved labels (created before I "upgraded" to Vista and
Office
07).

I tried your "Gridlines" option listed above, it did nothing to the
document
one the screen, but when I opened a new document I had the graph paper
like
gridlines on the screen.

I am running Vista with Microsoft Office Word 2007. A co-worker says I
will
need to re-create all the label documents I have - please say it aint so.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Table | Show Gridlines.

so
all may benefit.

"Tina" wrote in message

"eyes0pen" wrote:

Until recently when I created a new document of labels the individual

labels
were visible. Now when I want to create a page of labels, I have to

guess
where each label starts and finishes as the label outline is no
longer
visible. How do I get it back again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Your co-worker is wrong. You don't have to do anything to the document.

There are two separate "gridline" things in Word 2007, and you just picked
the wrong one. Instead of the checkbox on the View ribbon, you want the View
Gridlines button on the Table Tools Layout ribbon (which appears only when
the cursor is inside a table -- and the labels are in a table).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Teresa wrote:
I am also looking to have the label outlines show on the screen when
I open my previously saved labels (created before I "upgraded" to
Vista and Office 07).

I tried your "Gridlines" option listed above, it did nothing to the
document one the screen, but when I opened a new document I had the
graph paper like gridlines on the screen.

I am running Vista with Microsoft Office Word 2007. A co-worker says
I will need to re-create all the label documents I have - please say
it aint so.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Table | Show Gridlines.

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"Tina" wrote in message

"eyes0pen" wrote:

Until recently when I created a new document of labels the
individual labels were visible. Now when I want to create a page
of labels, I have to guess where each label starts and finishes as
the label outline is no longer visible. How do I get it back
again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nichole Nichole is offline

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I've been going nuts for weeks trying to figure this out lol

"Jezebel" wrote:

Table Show gridlines

"eyes0pen" wrote in message
Until recently when I created a new document of labels the individual
labels
were visible. Now when I want to create a page of labels, I have to guess
where each label starts and finishes as the label outline is no longer
visible. How do I get it back again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kermit Kermit is offline

This shows all the gridlines in Word 2007. I just want to show the borders
around the label as in previous versions of Word and not print the border.
"eyes0pen" wrote:

Thank you. You're a life saver.

"Jezebel" wrote:

Table Show gridlines

"eyes0pen" wrote in message
Until recently when I created a new document of labels the individual
labels
were visible. Now when I want to create a page of labels, I have to guess
where each label starts and finishes as the label outline is no longer
visible. How do I get it back again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It seems as if the display has simply changed in Word 2007. As far as I
know, there is nothing you can do about that. :-(

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"kermit" wrote in message

This shows all the gridlines in Word 2007. I just want to show the
borders
around the label as in previous versions of Word and not print the border.
"eyes0pen" wrote:

Thank you. You're a life saver.

"Jezebel" wrote:

Table Show gridlines

"eyes0pen" wrote in message
Until recently when I created a new document of labels the individual
labels
were visible. Now when I want to create a page of labels, I have to
guess
where each label starts and finishes as the label outline is no
longer
visible. How do I get it back again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you have achieved a printing border, then you're not clicking on the
right thing. On the Table Tools | Layout contextual tab, click on the View
Gridlines button. This will display table gridlines. This is different from
the "Gridlines" setting on the View tab (which displays the drawing grid)
and different again from borders that you may have applied using the Borders
button on the Table Tools | Design tab or the Home tab.

http://word.mvps.org

"kermit" wrote in message

This shows all the gridlines in Word 2007. I just want to show the
borders
around the label as in previous versions of Word and not print the border.
"eyes0pen" wrote:

Thank you. You're a life saver.

"Jezebel" wrote:

Table Show gridlines

"eyes0pen" wrote in message
Until recently when I created a new document of labels the individual
labels
were visible. Now when I want to create a page of labels, I have to
guess
where each label starts and finishes as the label outline is no
longer
visible. How do I get it back again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Please disregard my previous reply. I chose the wrong format for labels,
which is why it looked strange. :-(

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"kermit" wrote in message

This shows all the gridlines in Word 2007. I just want to show the
borders
around the label as in previous versions of Word and not print the
border.
"eyes0pen" wrote:

Thank you. You're a life saver.

"Jezebel" wrote: