Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patricia Shannon Patricia Shannon is offline

Default description property

How can I set the Description property?
Some commercial pgms have it set, and I would like to be able to set the
same field in my files to avoid having to display multiple columns in a file
list (eg. comments, title, or category)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hello Patricia

Patricia Shannon wrote:
How can I set the Description property?
Some commercial pgms have it set, and I would like to be able to set the
same field in my files to avoid having to display multiple columns in a file
list (eg. comments, title, or category)

pgms?

Version of Word?

In 2007, I always have to look that one up myself (in help, like
"Document Properties").

It can be found through the Office button, 6th item from top ("Prepare"
maybe --- non-EN version here at the moment), Properties.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |
\ / | MVP | Scientific Reports
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patricia Shannon Patricia Shannon is offline

Thank you for replying.
I am a new employee, and am waiting for them to install Office n my
computer, but I think we have 2003.
I'll use your suggestions to try to find what I need when Word is installed,

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Hello Patricia

Patricia Shannon wrote:
How can I set the Description property?
Some commercial pgms have it set, and I would like to be able to set the
same field in my files to avoid having to display multiple columns in a file
list (eg. comments, title, or category)

pgms?

Version of Word?

In 2007, I always have to look that one up myself (in help, like
"Document Properties").

It can be found through the Office button, 6th item from top ("Prepare"
maybe --- non-EN version here at the moment), Properties.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |
\ / | MVP | Scientific Reports
X Against HTML | for | with Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Patricia Shannon wrote:
I am a new employee, and am waiting for them to install Office n my
computer, but I think we have 2003.

File | Properties, then.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |
\ / | MVP | Scientific Reports

Description Lookup Kevin Hughes Microsoft Word Help 1 August 7th 07 04:19 AM
how can i write a project description? kwame Microsoft Word Help 2 April 23rd 07 02:44 PM
file clerk job description blue eyes Microsoft Word Help 3 August 9th 06 08:10 PM
Description Mario New Users 1 November 3rd 05 08:26 PM
Style doesn't match description dsimcox New Users 1 December 2nd 04 12:22 AM