Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lucien Lucien is offline

Default Mail Merge stops after first record?

I created document with fields, TITLE, LAST, FIRST, ADDRESS1, CITY, STATE,
ZIP CODE.

I selected recipients and created list, added 5 data records.

Next, I went back to document and highlighted fields to be merged.

When I previewed the results, only one record appears. The correct fields
were updated throughout tis record.

When I do a printout, only one letter prints out?

Help, please. Very very retired so as I grow old--so goes my brain.

Lucy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You are printing the merge document. You must complete the merge either to a
new document or to the printer. See
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm or
http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm
which cover the merge process.

Lucien wrote:
I created document with fields, TITLE, LAST, FIRST, ADDRESS1, CITY,
STATE, ZIP CODE.

I selected recipients and created list, added 5 data records.

Next, I went back to document and highlighted fields to be merged.

When I previewed the results, only one record appears. The correct
fields were updated throughout tis record.

When I do a printout, only one letter prints out?

Help, please. Very very retired so as I grow old--so goes my brain.

Lucy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

It sounds as if you are just previewing, and printing the preview document.

If so, what you need to do is "complete the merge," either /merging to
the printer/ (not just using the print icon, file-print etc. or merging
to a new document, then printing that. If your merge is a "Directory"
merge, you will only be able to merge to a new document.

How to do that depends on the version of Word.

In Word 2007 you click "Finish and Merge" at the right hand end of the
Mailings tab, then choose "Print Documents...", or to output to a new
document, choose "Edit Individual Documents..."

In Word XP and 2003, it is probably simplest to enable the Mailmerge
toolbar, e.g. via View-Toolbars, then use the appropriate button near
the right-hand end of the toolbar.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk