Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Diet Rich

Default Inserting section breaks - impossible

I have a 4-page word document with a table, stretching throughout the
document, ending in the top portion of Page 4.

Is it possible to insert a continuous section break on Page 4 so that
the header on Page 4 is the same as in the whole document but the
footer on Page 4 is different?

As I've mentioned, the table, stretching throughout the document is
ending on Page 4. I'm trying to insert a continuos section break after
the table. But section 2 is started on the next page only.

It's infuriating.... I just want the footer on the last page to be
different from the footers in the rest of the document. Is it possible?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

You can do this with Section breaks. You need to copy the header into the
second section but recretae the footer for the second section and unlink the
relationship between the two sections.
You can do it also with a conditional field eg
{IF {Page} {Numpages} "Put your running footer here" "Put your last page
footer here"}

Diet Rich wrote:
I have a 4-page word document with a table, stretching throughout the
document, ending in the top portion of Page 4.

Is it possible to insert a continuous section break on Page 4 so that
the header on Page 4 is the same as in the whole document but the
footer on Page 4 is different?

As I've mentioned, the table, stretching throughout the document is
ending on Page 4. I'm trying to insert a continuos section break after
the table. But section 2 is started on the next page only.

It's infuriating.... I just want the footer on the last page to be
different from the footers in the rest of the document. Is it
possible?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

If you insert a continuous section break, the headers and footers of
the previous section are used on the page where the break occurs.
However, there is a way around this. After you've inserted the break,
you can place the following field construction in the footer:

{ IF { PAGE } = { SECTIONPAGES } "True contents here" "False contents
here" }

To insert each pair of field delimiters, press CTRL+F9. Then type the
instructions as shown. Press F9 to update the display.

To display/hide all field codes, use ALT+F9 as a toggle.

To update fields, you can switch to Print Preview.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Diet Rich" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a 4-page word document with a table, stretching throughout

the
document, ending in the top portion of Page 4.

Is it possible to insert a continuous section break on Page 4 so

that
the header on Page 4 is the same as in the whole document but the
footer on Page 4 is different?

As I've mentioned, the table, stretching throughout the document is
ending on Page 4. I'm trying to insert a continuos section break

after
the table. But section 2 is started on the next page only.

It's infuriating.... I just want the footer on the last page to be
different from the footers in the rest of the document. Is it

possible?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

I may have misunderstood your question. If the page where the table
ends is actually the last page of the document (nothing more follows),
then you don't need a section break, just a conditional footer as
Graham suggests in this response.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Diet Rich" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a 4-page word document with a table, stretching throughout

the
document, ending in the top portion of Page 4.

Is it possible to insert a continuous section break on Page 4 so

that
the header on Page 4 is the same as in the whole document but the
footer on Page 4 is different?

As I've mentioned, the table, stretching throughout the document is
ending on Page 4. I'm trying to insert a continuos section break

after
the table. But section 2 is started on the next page only.

It's infuriating.... I just want the footer on the last page to be
different from the footers in the rest of the document. Is it

possible?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Diet Rich

Stefan, Graham, thank you for your competent answers. However, I seem
to be not "in the league" yet to insert fields correctly.

I placed { IF { PAGE } = { SECTIONPAGES } "Desired content of the last
footer, i.e. blank space" "Content
of the remaining footers in the document" }

What I get is the footer filled with this exact field text on every
page of the document. Moreover, inserting a continuos section break
after the table, which spans from Page 1 to Page 4 and ends on Page 4
with no text to follow, does nothing: the footer of Page4 is still
marked by Word as belonging to Section 1, i.e. no second section is
created.

I have read all related Word Help to no avail.

I have uploaded a small word file at
http://www.geocities.com/dietrichirt...EST_simple.doc
to illustrate my question/problem.

I only want that there is no footer (blank footer) on the last page of
the document. Please take a look if you have time.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

You have to press CTRL+F9 for each of the field bracket pairs {}

{IF {Page} {Numpages} "Content of the remaining footers in the
document" }

This will enter "Content of the remaining footers in the document" for every
page but the last. Replace this text with your actual footer content.
Nothing will be entered on the last page.

Diet Rich wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Diet Rich

Thanks, I bow to your knowledge! It was nice to feel like a programmer
which I'm not and never be one

Of note, if I use "=" in the field, the footer is only on the last
page. If I use "", the footer is on all pages except the last page.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Or if you want both

{IF {Page} {Numpages} "Content of the remaining footers in the document"
"Content of the last page footer" }
or conversely
{IF {Page} = {Numpages} "Content of the last page footer" "Content of the