Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sphilip

Default Inserting merge fields

I have inserted a merge field in one of our documents.

now if there are more than 2 entries into this field it appears as:

Jack Nicholas, Danny Murphy.

I need this to appear as:

Jack Nicholas
Danny Murphy

i.e i need the names to appear in 2 different lines

how can i do this? please know that the values are inserted via a "merged
field".
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

You will need to change your data file so that there is only one name in
each field,
or merge to a new document and edit it manually.

sphilip wrote:
I have inserted a merge field in one of our documents.

now if there are more than 2 entries into this field it appears as:

Jack Nicholas, Danny Murphy.

I need this to appear as:

Jack Nicholas
Danny Murphy

i.e i need the names to appear in 2 different lines

how can i do this? please know that the values are inserted via a
"merged field".

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Create another field in your data file?
That is the easiest way to handle this. Anything else is going to require
vba and I wouldn't know how to do it. (Others might, but it isn't trivial.)
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"sphilip" wrote in message
I have inserted a merge field in one of our documents.

now if there are more than 2 entries into this field it appears as:

Jack Nicholas, Danny Murphy.

I need this to appear as:

Jack Nicholas
Danny Murphy

i.e i need the names to appear in 2 different lines

how can i do this? please know that the values are inserted via a "merged
field".

How to get all mail merge fields in a document [email protected] Mailmerge 3 February 17th 06 05:43 AM
Form text fields are disappearing during a merge to new document. Trevor Drew Mailmerge 7 January 30th 06 09:35 PM
Merge data fields Valerie Mailmerge 3 January 19th 06 08:16 PM
Controlling Format of Merge Fields Neil Trotter Mailmerge 2 December 23rd 05 08:26 PM
How to supress blank merge fields in Word 2002 DiTab1 Microsoft Word Help 9 November 10th 05 04:56 PM