Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Field code? causing Word 2003 to lock up

I am hoping an MS Word expert can help me.
I have a table which includes text cross referencing to another table.
The formatting looks strange for this -- shown below:

Sampling Rate (See Table 66}7})

This is supposed to be a reference for Table 6, however tehre is this
extra 6}7} beside it. When I ctl-click the reference, it takes me to
the beginning of the document (instead of to table 6). I can delete
the 'Table 6' part, but if I try to highligh 6}7} it highlights from
here to beginning of document. If I try to delete this text, row,
table, page, etc. Word locks up. I have tried all combinations of
updating references and then trying to touch this but each time it
behaves like this. How can I get this out of my document?

Any help is appreciated!
Thank you!
Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Select the field and press Ctrl+Shift+F9. If that wreaks havoc, immediately
Undo. My guess, though, is that you have somehow gotten some document text
into your field. Is there a field brace at the beginning of the document?

Possibly the document is really corrupted. If you have Word 2003, try Open
and Repair. For earlier versions, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm

ups.com...