Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Attack Attack is offline

Default Hiding row or coloumn?

Is it possible to hide a row or coloumn in microsoft word ??
It would be very helpful for me if there is a way...
Thx
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jean-Guy Marcil Jean-Guy Marcil is offline

Attack was telling us:
Attack nous racontait que :

Is it possible to hide a row or coloumn in microsoft word ??
It would be very helpful for me if there is a way...
Thx

You can hide a row by setting the font of the entire row to Hidden and then
making sure that "Show All" is off (The ¶ button on the standard toolbar).

For a column, if there is text in it, even setting the content to Hidden
will not work (the text will be hidden, but the column will still be there,
although empty). Word does not work really well with column ranges.
If the column does not contains text, then it is easier to delete it.

If it is absolutely necessary to do so, it would be better to insert an
Excel spreadsheet which allows you to do all that with lots of ease.

May I ask what it is you are trying to achieve with hiding rows and columns?
There may be an easier way.
Also, mention the Word version you are working with.

--
Salut!