Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
ASBiss ASBiss is offline

Default Graphics and tables

I am currently using Word 2003.

I have a large document which has a table within it. I am trying to insert
graphics which float over the table, this hasn't been a problem with previous
versions.

However, despite ensuring the graphics have "in front of text" and other
layout properties allow it, the graphic always goes behind the table where I
can't see or grab it.

If I paste the graphic into the document fresh, I can move it and it does
what I need, until it goes to the table.

Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?QVNCaXNz?=,

I am currently using Word 2003.

I have a large document which has a table within it. I am trying to insert
graphics which float over the table, this hasn't been a problem with previous
versions.

However, despite ensuring the graphics have "in front of text" and other
layout properties allow it, the graphic always goes behind the table where I
can't see or grab it.

If I paste the graphic into the document fresh, I can move it and it does
what I need, until it goes to the table.

See if locking the graphic's anchor outside the table (paragaph just before or
just after) helps at all.

In order to see the anchors for graphics, activate the checkbox in
Tools/Options/View for "Object anchors". You should see one in the left margin
when you click/drag a graphic. The anchors can be dragged to any paragraph on
the page.

Right-click the graphic, choose the "format" option, then Layout/Advanced. In
the position tab there's an option to "Lock anchor". Activating it means the
anchor can't move from the current paragraph.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)