Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
WimDeBoeck WimDeBoeck is offline

Default Opening this will run the following SQL command

First off, I know about the http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825765 on how to
work around this error message.

When I'm getting this error, it says the command it'll execute is empty.
Also even when I click "Yes", no datasource gets connected. Although this
seems right since the document were indeed made using some mail merge
features (the "Next record" field was insert to make it possible to jump to
the fields that needed to be filled in). However the document is finished now
and it still asks about wanting to connect. When I tried changing the
template to 'Normal.dot' instead of the template which holds all the "Next
record" fields, it won't show the error message anymore.

I'd like to know how I could change the original template of the file to
make sure it doesn't want to connect to the datasource anymore.