Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Ross Ross is offline

Default Formatting figures and captions

Another problem where something basic that worked under Word XP but
stopped after upgrading under Word 2007.

I often embed figures in my technical documents. I use the "in line
with text" position method, putting the graphic on it's own line. I
then assign that line a style called "figure" that sets the spaces
above and below the way I want, as well as setting "keep with
next" (which is always the caption). Typically, I format the picture
with a border. So far so good.

Since the Word upgrade, I've discovered that some of the graphics (not
all which is equally puzzling) are missing the lower border. Upon
investigating, it seems that the figure and caption styles are
overlapping. No matter how much space above the caption or "reverse"
crop the picture, the photo border between them is hidden. However,
if I duplicate the Figure line (so I have the figure repeated in
consecutive lines), the second one now appears correct (the lower
border reappears) but the first one now is missing the lower border.

The only fix I have is to make the original graphic have extra white
space at the bottom that can be chopped without losing any content.

Ideas???

keep figures and captions together Khoshravan Microsoft Word Help 11 March 11th 08 07:26 PM
Figures and captions thermoregulator Microsoft Word Help 5 October 10th 07 01:12 AM
Tbl of figures/Captions Gail[_2_] Tables 2 May 20th 07 09:24 PM
figures and captions Rob Page Layout 1 March 24th 06 03:34 AM
mis numbering captions (figures only) Kayos Microsoft Word Help 2 October 2nd 05 04:19 PM