Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
rickcstahl rickcstahl is offline

Default Word was unable to open the data source

My problem is that my Excel data is not being "mail merged" into Word. I
followed the suggestion of prompting the data source before opening and I can
choose "MS Excel Worksheet via DDE (*.xls) when prompted. Next I choose th
named or cell range which is "Entire Spreadsheet". Then in lowr left task
bar it briefly says "Opening file . . . ." but then I am prompted with Word
error "Word was unable to open the data source."

If I try Office 2007 I use "OLE DB Database Files" when prompted to open
data source. Then I select the table "Sheet1$" without any errors. However,
when I Finish & Merge, the data merged into Word look different than what it
should and how it appears in Excel. Specifically, numbers formatted as
percetages with 0 decimal places in Excel (22%) appear as 0.2187539 when
merged into Word. Also, blank fields in Excel dispay the value zero (0) when
merged in Word.

Any help to correct this is greatly appreciated.