Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Joshua Kreitzer Joshua Kreitzer is offline

Default Renumbering footnotes

I'm using Microsoft Word 2002 and I have a document in which I would
like footnotes to be numbered consecutively: 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. However,
the footnotes contain stretches of numbers that are decimals (for
example, footnote 3 might be followed by footnote 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, etc.)
and other sequences that are just plain out of order. Is there any
kind of macro or other method that can be used to automatically
renumber the footnotes starting with 1 and continuing in whole numbers
until the end of the document?

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

--
Joshua Kreitzer