Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Landie Landie is offline

Default Word always asks to save changes to the template

For my work we have made templates for different letters we have to send. Our application (VB6) calls those templates when we want to send a letter.

Using the code we follow a few steps :
- open word
- open a new document using our template
- save the document (.doc) on a server
- sometimes print the document
- sometimes immediately close the document (when we don't want users to modify the document afterwards)

When they closed the document the users always get 2 questions :
- save changes to template for the letter
- save changes to normal.dot

I already found a solution to avoid the question for saving normal.dot (NormalTemplate.Saved = true) but I want to avoid the other question too.

When it's a document that has to be closed immediately I found that closing wordt with SaveChanges:=wdDoNotSaveChanges works.

Now I only want to know how I can avoid the question when I make a document, based on a template, but my code doesn't close word immediately after making it. Is there a solution for this ?

(As long as we worked with Win2000 pc's and Office 2003 there was no problem, we never got the questions and no templates where saved in background). Since we moved on to vista we have the problem. We have Lucatec installed on every pc and if I uninstall it, it works fine. Problem is that our infrastructure departement doesn't want us to uninstall this tool. )

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public...docmanagement/