Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ABID ABID is offline

Default Delete the save file extension

I want to delete the file name which is still present in "File Name" Tag
after saving the file. When we save another file the "File Name tag" shows
the previous saved files name also, I want to delete the file names present
in "File Name" Tag.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I don't think there is a way to prevent Word from suggesting names of
existing files when you enter a file name in the Save As dialog box. Just
ignore the suggestion(s) and continue typing.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP