Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Captain Ben Captain Ben is offline

Default Word 2007 incompatability with older versions of word

I have Windows 7 home premium, Word 2007 with Office Home and student 2007.
Cannot open older word files dating back to Vista, XP, etc.
Keep getting message '(file name).doc is not a valid Win32 application
Have tried downloading:
Compatability pack for 2007 office system
all updates for office 2007
incl. security updates and service pack 2
Before loading office/word 2007 I removed works and older versions of word
and rebooted, Have rebooted more times than I can remember!
Any help appreciated before I remove office 2007 and reload office XP which
ran fine!
Many thanks