Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
M.I. Tabassum M.I. Tabassum is offline

Default Files Save As option

How do I clear the list of previously saved file names from the Flie Name
text box drop down menu?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In the Options dialog for your version of Word, change the number of Most
Recently Used files to be used to 0.

Or run a macro containing the following code

Application.RecentFiles.Maximum = 0

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"M.I. Tabassum" wrote in message
How do I clear the list of previously saved file names from the Flie Name
text box drop down menu?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
M.I. Tabassum M.I. Tabassum is offline

Hi,
Mr. Robbins have mentioned about the Most Recently Used documents int he
File Menu, whereas I asked about the recently saved documents in the Dialogue
box that appears after you click File Save As and if you seen infront of the
File Name the text box contain one default name with the drop down arrow on
the right side and if you click that arrow it drops down to lot of previously
saved documents, I want to clear that actually.
Anyway Thanks Mr. Robbin.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

M.I. Tabassum wrote:
Hi,
Mr. Robbins have mentioned about the Most Recently Used documents
int he File Menu, whereas I asked about the recently saved documents
in the Dialogue box that appears after you click File Save As and if
you seen infront of the File Name the text box contain one default
name with the drop down arrow on the right side and if you click that
arrow it drops down to lot of previously saved documents, I want to
clear that actually. Anyway Thanks Mr. Robbin.

There is no method for clearing that list from within Word's user interface.
However, because this list is stored at a specific place in the registry,
it's possible to use a macro such as the following one to clear it. Read
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm if needed.

Sub ClearSaveAsMRU()
Const baseKey = "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\ " & _
"Common\Open Find\Microsoft Office Word\Settings\Save As\File Name
MRU"
Dim thisVer As String
Dim thisVerKey As String

thisVer = Application.Version
thisVerKey = Replace(baseKey, "11.0", thisVer)

System.PrivateProfileString("", thisVerKey, "Value") = ""
End Sub

You can assign the macro to a toolbar button (or a Quick Access Toolbar
button in Word 2007).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
M.I. Tabassum M.I. Tabassum is offline

Hi Mr. Jay Freedman,
Thanks for your guidance but I have programmed this macro and ran but
couldnot clear that list, I manually editted the registery and deleted those
names from their, My version of word showing is 12.0 but that list still
showed when i clicked the dropdown arrow on the rightside of the text box.
Kindly advise if I am missing anything. Thanking in anticipation.

Regards

.