Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GB GB is offline

Default msword632 reinstallation

How do I reinstal the msword632 converter without the original installation CD?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

GB wrote:
How do I reinstal the msword632 converter without the original
installation CD?

That's the wrong question (although understandable because Microsoft's error
message is misleading).

Go to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973904 and click the FixIt button (or
use the manual method described after it).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GB GB is offline

Jay, thanks but now, although the error message does not pop up, Word tries
to convert some existing Word docs I've opened with no problems in the past,
and it shows jibberish within the document (Ex: v Ó}±¬dñ Söèoðž´ yK úÃO¢²˜
ŸÚ).

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

GB wrote:
How do I reinstal the msword632 converter without the original
installation CD?

That's the wrong question (although understandable because Microsoft's error
message is misleading).

Go to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973904 and click the FixIt button (or
use the manual method described after it).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See if re-enabling the converter as detailed in the second section of the
following web page overcomes the problem.

http://blogs.technet.com/wordonenote...6-0-files.aspx

Please post back here and let us know if it does so that others may benefit
from the information.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

GB wrote:
How do I reinstal the msword632 converter without the original
installation CD?

That's the wrong question (although understandable because Microsoft's
error
message is misleading).

Go to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973904 and click the FixIt button
(or
use the manual method described after it).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so
all may benefit.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you uninstall the update, the original converter should re restored. In
any case you can find the old converter in the Windows archives by searching
the Windows folder - but you'll have to spell it correctly in order to
locate it - mswrd632.wpc

"GB" wrote in message
Jay, thanks but now, although the error message does not pop up, Word
tries
to convert some existing Word docs I've opened with no problems in the
past,
and it shows jibberish within the document (Ex: v Ó}±¬dñ Söèoðz´ yK
úÃO¢²~
YÚ).