Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Ann Carol Ann is offline

Default Auto Correct entries for Formatted Text

I have used this option many times in the past with no problem, but my
computer was recently rebuilt by our IT group, and now when I create an auto
correct using formatted text it will not save. I can use it while Word is
open, but if I close it and then reopen, the auto correct entries are gone.
I would appreciate some help.

Carol Ann
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Formatted AutoCorrect entries are saved in the Normal template, so I'm
guessing that something is preventing you from saving the Normal template
correctly.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Carol Ann" wrote in message
I have used this option many times in the past with no problem, but my
computer was recently rebuilt by our IT group, and now when I create an
auto
correct using formatted text it will not save. I can use it while Word is
open, but if I close it and then reopen, the auto correct entries are
gone.
I would appreciate some help.

Carol Ann

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JanR JanR is offline

I am having the exact same problem as Carol Ann. I had Adobe Acrobat
installed to convert .doc files to .pdf and formatted auto correct entries
have not worked since. I can create non-formatted entries and they will save
with no problem, it is only the formatted entries that will not save. Why
does one type save but not the other? I have tried deleting the old and
creating a new one but it will still revert to the old after logging
out/loggin on.

"Carol Ann" wrote in message
I have used this option many times in the past with no problem, but my
computer was recently rebuilt by our IT group, and now when I create an
auto
correct using formatted text it will not save. I can use it while Word is
open, but if I close it and then reopen, the auto correct entries are
gone.
I would appreciate some help.

Carol Ann

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Have you tried the Save All function after doing a customisation of
Autotext/toolbar/menu entry?
After whatever change, press Shft+File, Save All, close Word, and reopen to
see if the change has been retained. To Save All in Word 2007, you will have
to add that command to the Quick Access Toolbar (via Office button | Word
Options, Customize category).
If this works, as you say you have Acrobat installed?
The Acrobat addin can cause some changes not to be saved to the Normal.dot,
such as new Autotext/toolbar/menu entries, etc.
If you do have Acrobat then have a look at this webpage below, especially
the section on Add/Remove Program, Modify. I had similar problems with
Customise and Autotext/toolbar/menu, doing the following solved the problem
but I also found that if you do the instructions and then reboot, Open and
close word, then reverse the Modify instructions, the Acrobat functions
return without the clashes with saving Customise and Autotext/toolbar/menu.
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm

Hope this helps
DeanH