Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MO MO is offline

Default "Dot" problem

When if hit the space bar in a document, I get "dots" between the words as
opposed to blanks.

I've looked everywhere and can't find the solution.

Help!

thanks!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 03:43:01 -0700, MO
wrote:

When if hit the space bar in a document, I get "dots" between the words as
opposed to blanks.

I've looked everywhere and can't find the solution.

Help!

thanks!!!

If you also see paragraph marks (¶), click the button with that symbol
on it or press Ctrl+Shift+8 to turn off all nonprinting characters.
See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...PrintChars.htm.

If it's only the dots in the spaces, go to the Options dialog and
uncheck the box for displaying spaces. In Word 2003 or earlier that
box is on the View tab of the dialog; in Word 2007 it's on the Display
tab.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

These are Non-printing characters, use Ctrl+Shft+8 or the ¶ icon (on the Home
ribbon or the Standard toolbar) to toggle the view of these.
Also see the following article which explains these and how useful they are.
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...PrintChars.htm

Hope this helps
DeanH

"MO" wrote:

When if hit the space bar in a document, I get "dots" between the words as
opposed to blanks.

I've looked everywhere and can't find the solution.

Help!

thanks!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Glad this got it sorted for you.

DeanH

"MO" wrote:

Hurray! Thanks, so much.

MO

"MO" wrote:

When if hit the space bar in a document, I get "dots" between the words as
opposed to blanks.

I've looked everywhere and can't find the solution.

Help!

thanks!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline