Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Big Bad Bev Big Bad Bev is offline

Default database field - merge single field from excel list

have 2 data sources, a progress db & a 2 column list in excel, column
A containing the same data as the word merge field, and column B is
the data I need to merge.

in effect, IF { Mergefield Name } = "Jo", find "Jo" in column 1 of
worksheet, insert "Bloggs" from column 2 of worksheet.

I have worked out the syntax to be able to pick up an entire named
sheet from excel in my database merge, but cannot seem to get a lookup
type list on a single sheet to work .

Any Suggestions would be gratefully received
Thanks, Bev
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Word can only use a single flat file as the data source for a mail merge, so
you will need to use Excel to produce such a worksheet that contains all of
the data that you need for the merge. If you need help with the functions
that you would require to construct that worksheet, you should post to the
microsoft.public.excel newsgroup.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.